zondag 19 juli 2015

19th of July - Change of plans :(

Amituofo!

There has been a change of plans.
You might have noticed that the amount of updates dropped quite a bit last week.
Since my knee got drained it did not swell up anymore and I decided to stop training completely for one or two weeks. Just to force my self not to do too much and give my knee time to heal. 

This approach worked pretty well. I slowly started walking a little more, went to work at the office a couple times. Last weekend I started driving a bit. And my knee started feeling better by the day. Also the bending capability improved every day.

Unfortunately, and with a lot of pain in my heart, I had to cancel my planned trip to the Shaolin monastery due to financial reasons. :(

Now my plans to go to china next year are also uncertain. I wanted to do the Germany trip first, to see if my knees can hold such a rigorous training regime, and I rather get injured in Germany then in China. And I cannot afford 2 months of holiday in one year unfortunately. So I might choose to go to Germany next year and to go to China a year later.

Anyway... Yesterday I spend a whole day working on my car (the big red one).
And afterwards I had to walk back home from the edge of the city I live in (Nijmegen Oost to city center). This was the first long walk I did since the surgery. And I also was up and working all day on the car (literally, from noon till midnight).
Today my knee therefore decided to object and has started swelling up again :(
Looks like I will again be forced to calm down for a while.

I am really getting de-motivated by this crap and find it hard to keep up a positive attitude.

Coming week I have a week of, and I think I might start training again. My knee does not hurt this time, so I might be able to reduce the swelling with some exercises again, like last times before the 'draining'. It depends a bit on what the knee will do coming night and tomorrow.

Anyway, you'll notice soon enough by a new blog post...

Amituofo!