vrijdag 10 juli 2015

8th/9th of July: Not for the faint-hearted

Today's stats:
  • Weight: Not measured.
  • Training location : @Home
  • Duration: 1h00m
  • Intensity: Moderate

Amituofo!
Sorry for the delay in this post, I had some other stuff to do first.
Little news about last Wednesday. My knee is still thick and getting quite sore again. The pain dropped since my last work out, and seems to be getting worse again now. So in the evening I did another 'lying down' workout. I'm starting to have the feeling that walking makes my knee hurt, but exercising my upper legs is helping the swelling to reduce and thereby making my whole leg feel better.

I did roughly the same lying down fitness workout as last Monday. But I replaced the weight training for a 'pseudo'  Wing Chun kung-fu training. I put on my wrist weights (1,5kg per wrist)
and in 3 sets I did a total of:
  • 300 Lying down chain punches (Wing Chun style)
  • 75 leg lifts (to work the lower abs) 
  • 300 Taan Sau Punch combination
    (150 with 'imaginary punch coming from outside in, and 150 with imaginary coming straight) 
  • 75 sit ups (to work the upper abs)
  • 300 Gaan Sau Punch combination 
  • 75 superman leg and arm lifts (lying on the stomach, lifting legs and arms)
  • 300 Man Sau, Taan Sau, Gaan Sau overtakes of an (imaginary) incoming puch finished by a counter punch to the kidneys.
  • 75 side leg lifts left leg ( for the side abs)

This workout shortly relieved the knee pain again, but in the evening it got a little worse again.
Luckily the next day my knee was gain feeling better. And more importantly, today (Thursday) was doctor day. I had to visit the hospital again for a checkup with the surgeon.

He was not really shocked about the knee, he had seen worse swelling, and as mentioned before, I already had the feeling that the swelling is less dense now then before.
I have a bit of fear, because my symptoms now are the same as before the surgery, that the original problem re-occurred. I asked him if we could test his hypothesis that I had an internal bleeding, which would indicate that its not again the original problem, but a mere over stress after the operation.
And he said yes... by draining the fluid in your knee. If it contains blood or blood clutter then there was evidence of a bleeding.


Well... I think that says it all. So I have to agree that the doctors conclusion is on the right track.

Most of the fluid was drained, which didn't hurt b.t.w., only the last bit when the knee was going vacuum was very unpleasant, but still, I am very re-leaved that for the first time in weeks my knee was not swollen and I immediately could bend my leg a little more. He also injected some Pretnison which should help keeping the swelling down.
Unfortunately after 15 minutes I already felt it swelling up again. But it did not get as big as before, by far!.At the moment of typing this (Friday early morning), I have the feeling that the swelling even reduced a bit since yesterday. The doctor also told me to start doing some more things again, but be careful for not to do to much.

So I will start doing the bending/stretching exercises that will help remove the moist that is still left in there. But I will be careful with the amount of walking, I even bought some crutches for the outdoors movements. Next week I will build up the walking gradually and hopefully the week after I feel confident enough to start driving again, that is, if the knee does not swell up again in the mean time.

For now I feel positive :)

Amituofo!