maandag 6 juli 2015

6th of July: Pfff......

Today's stats:
  • Weight: Not measured.
  • Training location : @Home
  • Duration: 1h00m
  • Intensity: Moderate

Amituofo!
My knee is not making me happy. Situation is relatively unchanged. Last week it started hurting again, and I had to go back to taking meds against the pain. My knee is not really getting smaller.
I did start working again for half days since Wednesday.(the upside of doing a lot of programming and such for work! You can do such work from home!)
The situation now also got a bit counterproductive. I spoke the surgeon again last Friday morning, and he thinks this is all the result of an internal bleeding last week Sunday. Now I may not bend/move/walk for a couple of days. But I read in multiple online sources that "THE" remedy against a swollen knee is to keep moving, since the muscles need to be getting rid of the excess blood and moist. So to let the 'internals' heel I may not move, but to get rid of the swelling I must move...
The doctor thinks the swelling will be less with a couple of days rest. But to be honest, I cannot confirm that.
So since Friday morning I tried to stick to the doctors recipe. The summer temperature went up a lot so I did change location to my parents place, to be able to put my leg up while lying in a nice inflatable pool :) but other than that I I didn't bend or load my knee.

Today I was really sick of it. The 'internals' of the knee feels good now. I had no pain what-so-ever when I had to support my body occasionally (Yeah I know, I am not supposed to do that, but if your body feels no pain, than that happens kind of naturally). So I tried to walk a little bit more today, in the hope that this reduces the swelling (since 3 days of lying down showed no difference at all).

I also did an upper body workout again today, last week I really felt good the day after, so lets see what happens tomorrow.

I did roughly the same lying down fitness workout as last week. Just added some superman arm/leg lifts (if you train abs, you should also train the muscles in your back to keep it balanced) In 3 sets I did a total of:
  • 75 bench presses with elbows close to body, for punching power
  • 75 leg lifts (to work the lower abs) 
  • 75 bench presses with elbows wide, for shoulder strength
  • 75 sit ups (to work the upper abs)
  • 75 bench presses 'diamond' style, to work the triceps
  • 75 superman leg and arm lifts (lying on the stomach, lifting legs and arms)
  • 75 butterflies (with arms bend, since I want power for hook punches and not over stretch my shoulders)
  • 75 side leg lifts right leg (for the side abs)
  • 75 side leg lifts left leg ( for the side abs)
  • And finally 75 'side slashes',  don't know if there is an official name for this. Basically mimicking a neck slash from inside out, like in one of my earlier wing chun practice videos.

    Below you find a little 'find the 10 differences game' :P



Amituofo!