dinsdag 30 juni 2015

30th of June : Working of some laziness...

Today's stats:
  • Weight: Not measured.
  • Training location : @Home
  • Duration: 1h00m
  • Intensity: Moderate

Amituofo!
So... my knee is as swollen as it was yesterday. So bending/walking etc is not an option. But, the pain started to drop again. If it feels like this tomorrow then I can get some work done tomorrow and make my boss happy :)

This evening I was really gutted that I couldn't do anything with this beautiful weather. So to get rid of some frustration and to get rid of last weeks laziness I decided to do a upper-body workout like I did when the whole knee issue started.
I took my last pain killers in the morning and didn't feel to much pain during the day, so it should be fine to kick up the heart rate and blood pressure a bit. I truly believe (although I cannot back this up scientifically, just by experience) it's also help full for the healing process to get the blood pumping and to put the body in 'muscle building' mode.

I did a lying down fitness workout. In 3 sets I did a total of:
  • 75 bench presses with elbows close to body, for punching power
  • 75 leg lifts (to work the lower abs) 
  • 75 bench presses with elbows wide, for shoulder strength
  • 75 sit ups (to work the upper abs)
  • 75 bench presses 'diamond' style, to work the triceps
  • 75 side leg lifts right leg (for the side abs)
  • 75 side leg lifts left leg ( for the side abs)
  • 75 butterflies (with arms bend, since I want power for hook punches and not over stretch my shoulders)
  • And finally 30 'side slashes',  don't know if there is an official name for this. Basically mimicking a neck slash from inside out, like in one of my earlier wing chun practice videos 
So my body feels like it finally had to do some work after one and a half week.
Feels so good! Now just hope my knee heels quickly. I am afraid though that I will be overloading it more often in the coming weeks, since I have the feeling that I don't get pain signals from it when I overload it. Thinking back, what I have know is exactly what I had when it all started (knee swelling up and feeling sore with no appearant reason or pain warning, and now hurting in exactly the same place), just hope that I am not back at square one... then it will take a long time to recover since now the doctor cannot see anything on a MRI scan anymore. But let's assume it is just overloaded due to my everlasting stubbornness.

For those interested in working out while keeping your leg up and un-loaded.
Here is an example (PS... didn't count this set in the list that is above... so should add 25 bench presses to the list ;) ):




Amituofo!