dinsdag 11 augustus 2015

10th & 11th of August : How will my knee handle a little more stress

Amituofo!

Since I tried a couple of training sessions last weeks, and since my knee was feeling better on days of training then on days without training, I tried my 'old' training scheme yesterday and today.

Yesterday I trained Qi Gong, Tai Chi (Yang simplified 24) and the exercises my physical therapist gave me all in the lunch break in the park.

Today I repeated yesterdays afternoon training. I think there where some people who must have thought I was crazy, since they were talking to me and did get no response at all. I was practicing Qi Gong with eyes almost closed, sunglasses on and headphones on... so I was not aware someone was trying to get my attention :p, that must have looked really weird...



On top of that I went for more then 1.5 hours of Shaolin Wu Shu training in the evening with my Sifu and another student. We did the 'short' Shi Yan Ming warm up and Ji Ben Gong session. And after that it was free training. I did all hand forms I know and practiced them at least twice. I also practiced all weapon forms I know twice. Soon I will go back to practicing only a couple of forms, but since I have been neglecting Tao Lu training for the last weeks during my injury, I need to repeat everything to get it all back in my system.

For now my knee feels OK, although it locked when I wanted to stretch it during the drive back.
I can literally feel that there is something changing in the knee... as if it is re-arranging itself based on the new configuration.
(There was a part removed, so my body will need some 'getting used to'  time).

Tomorrow and Thursday, if the weather is ok, me and my girl will be flying again. Maybe I will do some more training tomorrow evening, but lets see how my knee feels tomorrow first.

It feels great to be training again!

For now, have a good evening.

Amituofo!