vrijdag 21 augustus 2015

19th and 21st of august

Amituofo!

My knee is getting better and better. I really dislike the fact that it takes so long, but as they say... quality takes time :P
Every day my knee feels good in the morning, during the day I feel some moist growing inside, and after sports, cycling and sleeping I feel the moist is going away again.
Every week the amount of swelling is getting a little less, so I think that it will take some more weeks but it will be okay.

I did not manage to do my sports routine in the lunch break this week (some other important stuff to do during lunches ;) ).
I did do my 'knee strengthening exercises' the rest of the week but no kung fu/qi gong or fitness.
Last Wednesday I did 1,5hour of proper kung fu training together with Ejnar, one of my college-students from my Shaolin school. And today I did manage to make time and I did a nice Fitness and Qi gong workout during lunch. I did 3 sets of proper (elbows close to body) push ups, sets of 10 since I have to start building up again :(. I also did 3 sets of sit ups (25 per set), 3 sets of 20 squats, 3 sets of 16 lunches, 3 sets of 12 single leg squats and 3 sets of balance exercises (kick to front, keep leg up, kick to side, keep leg up, kick to left, and repeat 3 times per leg). After that some nice Qi Gong. I switched to the Shi Deyang style of Ba Duan Jin, which feels better  to me than the set of Shifu Yan Lei.

In the evening I did a kung fu training with the Yan Ming style warm up. Shi Heng Jin style Ji Ben Gong, some more qi gong, and I practiced 3 forms: Zhao Yang Quan, Tai Zu Quan and Da Mo Jian.

This weekend we go paragliding again if the weather allows. So no Kung Fu practice (may be sunday evening, but we'll see). Next week I will try to force myself to get back in the shaolin lifestyle (training every day).

Amituofo!