zondag 9 augustus 2015

4th & 6th & 7/9th of August, something different to take my mind of things.

Amituofo,

Did just a couple of training sessions last week. My knee still does not feel okay, each day starts off okay, but after a day of work my knee feels a little swollen and uncomfortable again. Therefore I still am a bit anxious about training.
Never the less, after a training session my knee appears to be feeling better.

Last Tuesday I did a training session in the park like last Friday.
Last Thursday I had an appointment with my physical therapist and we did some knee and hip stabilizing exercises.

I took a day off last Friday and decided to do some other cool stuff (I planned to do a kungfu weekend with friends, but that was cancelled).
So I decided to push some boundaries and go do something out of my comfort zone. I went flying :)! Paragliding to be exact.

I did not want to do just a 'tandem' flight, where you get hooked up to an instructor and fly off, but since I like doing things that actually take effort to master :), and due to a nice opportunity I arranged something else.

Thursday evening I was looking on the internet to find something to do on Friday and found a flying school not to far away (well... 1h15min drive, but still do-able). My luck was that they had a 4day course this weekend starting on Friday, where the first day was an introduction day that you could join as a single day.

So I called up the school late in the evening and found out that there was still room for students. So I signed me and my girlfriend up.
Unfortunately we spend all day practicing lift offs and steering on the ground, but the wind conditions didn't allow for us to take off. So no flying on Friday :(
Never the less, we were invited to comeback for another day, to do the initial flights that belong to the introduction.
Today we went back to the school and had some really super experiences! My girlfriend decided to do a tandem flight after all instead of a 'all by yourself' flight. Because then she could go a little higher up in the air. I decided I wanted to fly by myself and I did 2 flights. Unfortunately this meant that the height would be limited and I had to stay 'on the leash' for safety (the cord that pulls you in the air... since unfortunately we do not have mountains nearby to jump off from).

Since I've had a fear of heights since my childhood I did not mind that so much :)
Never the less this was an amazing experience to just shoot up in the sky and fly like a bird (or sort off). Was truly amazing!
My first touch down in the landing was a bit rough, which my knee did not like so much, but the second landing also went perfectly.
We already decided to go back to get the 1st pilots-certificate very soon. Quite likely this will happen coming week if I can manage to get some additional days off from work.

So sorry for no Kung Fu stories today... but remember, it is always good to do some things that pushes your boundaries and expands your horizon. That will help you find your own path!




Amituofo!