zondag 2 augustus 2015

31st of July & 2nd of August

Amituofo

Last Friday during lunch time I went for the first 'real' training since I got injured.
I started out with a warm up and some Qi gong exercises to get the blood and Qi flowing. Then I did a short fitness routine consisting of a couple of sets of push ups, sit ups, leg lifts and I tried some high (and careful) squats and some knee stabilizing exercises.
After that my knee still was feeling good, and it didn't swell up. So I continued with the Tao Lu practice that I intended to do. I did all hand forms I know, but did them all just once and in a fairly low paste...
Never the less I still had a really nice workout and I was feeling really happy that my knee did not swell and that I was able to work on my Kung fu again. This was really making my body and mind happy and I literately left the park with a big smile on my face.

Today (Sunday) was a beautiful day. After a family visit in the afternoon we (the love of my life miss K. & me) went out to a small park nearby to do some martial arts training. I took it easy again, but I tried to see if I could connect the moves a bit more. So not to much explosive power and such... but a bit more and faster flow in the Tao Lu today. I started out with warm up and Qi Gong and after that I practiced: Wu Bu Quan, Lian Huan Quan, Lian Bu Quan, Ba Bu Lian Huan Quan, Tong bi Quan, Wu Xing Quan, Zhao Yang Quan, Tai Zu Quan and Xiao Hong Quan. I also practiced weapon forms: Yin Shou Gun, Zhen Shan Gun and Da Mo Jian.
I have to say that my knee feels ok, but I can feel that I strained it a bit more. So hope it feels ok tomorrow.
Starting next week I want to start training a bit more again. I have a planned a visit to the physical therapist tomorrow to get some extra knee strengthening exercises.

It feels so good to be training again!

Amituofo!