woensdag 20 mei 2015

20th of May: Wednesday 'gift day'



Todays stats: 
  • Weight:not measured
  • Heart-rate: not measured
  • Location : Home
  • Duration : 1h
  • Intensity : Medium

Today was a special day. First I had an important meeting early in the morning, I really really hope that works out (cannot say more for now....).
After that I went to work and things didn't seem to go as planned. First I forgot to buy lunch before going to work... so when I arrived at the office I could turn around and do some shopping first. Then when I arrived at work AGAIN, I found out I forgot my access-badge. So again I turned around and went home to get my badge. By now it was almost lunch time, so I decided to lunch at home. So no time for lunch break sports today unfortunately. Never the less, I got cheered up, cause at home my new headphones, on which I listen to nice Chinese relaxing music during sports, arrived in the mail. And...... the gift I bought for my girlfriend and best buddy also arrived.

The rest of the day went as planned.

In the evening I did an hours of practice, and of course I had to test the gift I gave my girl (see video's below :) ). It was a fun hour of training, with Shaolin punch practice, (Wing chun) shifting and stepping practice, and some wing chun application play :)

(PS. I call it Wing Chun, but since I suck at wing chun it most likely is VERY BAD wing chun....., see introduction story of this blog for more explanation)
PLEASE DON'T MIND MY GIRLFRIENDS UGLY KARATE POSTER IN THE BACKGROUND!!!

Shaolin punch (and stance) practice:

Practicing stance and punch shifting application.
Start in Ma Bu. Punch when going to Gong Bu and another punch when going back to Ma Bu.



Wing chun application play:
An (imaginairy) punch comes in (Opponents left hand, e.g. a left jab), which gets blocked with a Bong Sau. Then I take over/control the incoming arm with my left hand. My right arm rolls over the opponents arm (which I still control with my left hand) and the right arm goes out for a throat slash/jab.
On the bong sau I shift weight to the right.. on the throat slash I shift back to goat stance to generate more force in the punch...