dinsdag 26 mei 2015

26th of May : Doctor day

Todays stats: 
  • Weight: 78.6kg (huh??? Apparently the weekend did not harm me too much :) )
  • Heart-rate: not measured
  • Training location: @Home

Amituofo!
Today was doctor day.... I visited my physician to get my knee checked up. I was afraid that it would be a waist of time, because our health care system is intended on 'try to get you out the door as fast as possible', so normally the advised care plan starts with... "lets wait a week and see if its any better".... and this time was no different, except that this doctor wants me to take 2 weeks of absolute rest and then see him again.

Of course I am far to pro-active to do so :)



 So I told him that I had already made a training plan to limit the load on my knee and do only pain free stuff... but he still didn't liked it... I can only do exercises for which I don't have to stand up.
So I will listen a little bit, I will avoid standing on the leg until I speak to my sports physician who has helped me greatly before and is specialized in these kind of sports injuries. I booked an appointment with him on Friday.

I've also done 3 days of 'knee problem' study on the internet and found that most sources recommend to keep moving if you can move pain free, so....
Today I finally did some training again like agreed with the doctor (and I feel great now! Apart from my knee of course). I limited it to upper body exercises that I could do while laying down... so here is what I did today:
 
  • Fast 20kg bench press 'elbows close' : This imitates a fast push up with arms close to the body and is good for punch force and speed (trains chest and triceps, focus on chest).
    3 sets of 25 reps
  • Fast 20kg bench press 'elbows wide' : This imitates a fast push up with elbows wide and is good for blocks and acrobatics (trains chest and back)
    3 sets of 25 reps
  • Fast 20kg bench press 'diamond' : This imitates a fast push up diamond style and is good for punch force and speed (trains chest and triceps, focus on triceps).
    3 sets of 10 reps
  • Crunches 'straight' : Just a regular crunch but with hands below the lower back so the back does not get strained when moving up.
    3 sets of 30 reps
  • Crunches 'side' : Chrunches while lying on the side.
    3 sets of 30 reps (15 reps per side)
  • Supermans : pull up legs and chest while lying on stomach
    3 sets of 20 reps 
  • 5kg Triceps curls : Take two 5kg dumbles and hold them above your head. Then let them sink behind your head and pull them up above the head again. Nice triceps isolation exercise.
    3 sets of 20 reps
  • Shoulder, neck, hamstring and buttocks stretches.

    Just some random motivational movie of something which I hope to be doing very soon again
    (although I am afraid I have to miss it for a while :( ):