maandag 25 mei 2015

25th of May: Made a training routine for the coming weeks

Todays stats: 
  • Weight: not measured, but guess roughly 80-81kg again :P (normal after the weekend)
  • Heart-rate: not measured
  • Training location: Desk :P

Amituofo!
After spending 3 days of sleeping bad, not training and getting really sick of doing everything in slow motion I also have some good news for the coming days.
Let me start with a small update on my knee. Saturday I took complete rest for my knee. Yesterday I visited my parents and brother, and did some work on my Celica T-sport project (see other blog), I think this already was a bit to much for my knee since it started to swell quite a bit. So I decided not to do training today to give my knee some rest. I am very slowly loosing some stiffness in the knee, and I kind bend it a little more. I guess roughly 60 degrees of motion now (from straight to 90 degree bend, and about 15 degrees further). The knee feels very funny though. Feels like somethings loose inside but that might just be the fluid build up. Also feels like something is stabbing the muscles there, so all in all it does not give me hope... anyway. Tomorrow I will try to see my physician to discuss what to do next.

Today I spend on putting together a workout for tomorrow and for the coming days. Will be a bit boring because I cannot do to much without loading the knee, but never mind that. As soon as I will regain some capabilities in my knee I will adapt it and create some new workouts so I can rotate workouts.

For now I put together a 1h30min workout that has about 40 minutes of high intensity stuff in there. It focuses on wing chun since almost all shaolin stuff requires stances that load my knee.

I want to do this routine 3 or 4 times a week. And do Qi gong for as much as my knee allows for the remainder of the days... so that means I have to reduce my portion size of diner since I will be moving a lot less and will have no real cardio training (although the workout does have 2x 20 minutes of 'high intensity' which therefore will function as interval training).
Real physical exercise I did not get, but I did try out the moves for the punch ball training, so I did not completely sit still :)

Here is the workout for the coming days. I will do these at home since I need the punching ball, and walking to the park takes a bit to much time with my current walking pace (stumble might be a better word to use currently).

Warm up 20-25 minutes (condensed Shi Yan Ming stuff):

- Wrist turns
- Ankle turns (slow and gentle on the knee that hurts!)
- Wrist + ankle turns
- Neck stretch left, right, forward, backward
- Neck rotations
- Eye focus exercise
- Shoulder loosening (left arm up, right arm down, stretch backward, and vice versa)
- Shoulder loosening (open from front to side)
- Hamstring stretches (KNEES NOT LOCKED but slightly bended).
- Spine stretches (left and right)
- Rotate hips
- Massage knees and 'flex' knee caps
- Lie down and stretch 'buttocks'. Stretch one leg. Other leg pull up the knee, keep the foot down. Twist your hip so the pulled up knee goes over the straight leg, but keep your back flat on the ground. Try to touch the ground with your knee. Hold for 15 seconds. Repeat 5 times on both sides.

Power training (20-25 minutes):

3 reps of this routine
- Do 5 PROPER fist push ups. Focus on shooting out.. so drop down (fast), hold for a sec, shoot back up.
(1minute, rest for the time that you have left from the one minute)
- Do forward planking
(1 minute)
- Do 10 PROPER wide push ups. Focus on shooting out again.
(1minute, rest for the time that you have left from the one minute)
- Do side planking (30 sec + as long as you can per side) If the knee can support it.
- Do 15 PROPER V-style (sit ups).
(1minute, rest for the time that you have left from the one minute)
- Do 5 PROPER diamond push up. Focus on shooting out again.
(1minute, rest for the time that you have left from the one minute)
- Do 15 PROPER side sit ups (on each side)

- Quick stretch on shoulders, and stomach muscles + 30 second break.

Wing chun relaxed basics practice. (~20 mins)

(In goat stance for as much as knee will allow, focus on structure, not muscle power)
- Taan Sau -> From starting position, move hand in the Taan Sau position slowly. Focus on the correct relaxation points. When in final position rotate wrist to Man Sau position (stretches the wrist), bring fist back to Wu Sau, and then back to starting position. Change hands with each rep.
20 reps (~6 minutes)
- Bong Sau -> From starting position, move hand in the Taan Sau position slowly. Focus on the correct relaxation points. When in final position rotate wrist to Bong Sau position and back again. Change hands with each rep.
20 reps (~6 minutes)
- Fook Sau --> From starting position, move hand into Wu Sau and change to Fook Sau position slowly. Form there move outwards to final position, focus on relaxation points.
When in final position rotate wrist to Man Sau position (stretches the wrist), bring fist back to Wu Sau, and then back to starting position. Change hands with each rep.
20 reps (~6 minutes)

Punch ball practice (20-30 minutes):

- Taan Da --> do taan da, start by guiding the punch ball in and to the side for the 'taan', punch in air (or against a wall bag) with the other hand. Exchange left and right on each rep.
Focus is on 'guiding the ball', turning in the body and relaxing the shoulders while doing so.
50 reps
- Gang Da --> same as Taan Da but now with Gang...
50 reps, Gang da can be a bit more punching than receiving...
-Chain punching
50 chain punches on the ball. Focus on low muscle strength/resistance, high speed.
-Punch Ball/ deflect with Pak Sau / punch again. Change hands per rep
50 reps



Fill the time with repeating the above punch ball exercises.

Cool down: Sit down and do some very relaxed hamstring stretches, shoulder stretches, neck stretches

Amituofo!