zaterdag 23 mei 2015

23rd of May: Planning for recovery

Todays stats: 
  • Weight: 78.8KG 
  • Heart-rate: not measured

Amituofo! Sorry, no training today. It turned out that my suspicions about my knee were spot on.
I got maybe 2 hours of sleep last night, cause my knee started hurting, a lot!
Halfway through the night I literally could not find a pain-free or even low-pain position to lie or let alone sleep.

When I got up this morning it was no better. I have about 30 or 40 degrees range of motion in the knee, and I have to assist it in every move I do. Luckily I can stand on it without pain, so that means I can do slow walking.

This means that I will have to adapt my exercise plan quite a bit. I will focus on arm techniques and upper body training, thats not the problem. But I also have to find ways to do cardio and 'fat burning' training without running or cycling, or basically without loading my legs (which is quite hard because your legs are roughly the largest muscles in your body and are therefore best suited for that). I will also have to practice Tao lu and Ji ben gong in a different way.

Today and tomorrow I will take a day of from training to think about how I am going to do this. Of course I will still be using the punching ball today and tomorrow, since this will be my friend for the coming weeks :)

Amituofo!

PS.. want to make a little bet? My weight will be above 80kg again on Monday (its weekend! no food rules :P )