donderdag 21 mei 2015

21st of May : Thursday

Todays stats: 
  • Weight: 78.2KG 
  • Heart-rate: not measured
  • Location 1: Goffert park
  • Duration 1: 1h15m
  • Intensity 1: High
  • Location 2: Exercise Body & Mind Nijmegen
  • Duration 2: 1h
  • Intensity 2: Low
Amituofo!  Normal working Thursday today, but I was not feeling so well today when waking up. Never the less I just got up and went to work. I got on the scale and noticed I lost 2 kg in the last days... that cannot be right... have to test the repeat-ability of the scale tomorrow (sorry, engineering blood).
Turned out my bad feeling was just a bad mood, and I was feeling just fine after I cycled to work. I finally finished a data analysis that I've been working on for weeks now, and I presented it today to our design team. It took a bit longer then expected, but although it was late already I just felled like I had to get out and move after that presentation. So at 13.00h I went to the park for a nice workout.
I didn't plan what I was going to do today, but since I will had a relaxing Tai Chi practice after work in the planning I decided to do a high intensity workout during the lunch session today.

After the workout, and since I had a relatively quite day at work up ahead, I decided to stay and relax in the park a little longer. So I sat down at the little pond in the park and stared into the trees for a while... 

My friend the bunny appeared again, and this time he brought some friends :)
Tomorrow I will take my phone along, so I can make a picture because I guess you must be thinking I am getting crazy :P

In the evening it was time to do some Tai Chi togehter with my hunny bunny (Katja that is....., not the Goffert park bunny, I am not crazy remember) 

  • Lunch break (all exercises done with 0.5kg weights on ankles and wrists): 
    • 2km run (Tried to run a bit faster then normally)
    • 'Shaoletics' exercise session. This means repeating the below routine first 30 repetitions, then 20 repetitions, then 10 repetitions, then 5 repetitions. All in one go as fast as possible without any breaks
      • Ma bu followed by Zheng ti tui (front flex kick) followed by a Ma Bu / Gong bu + punch (with the non-punching arm next to the head, like in Lian huan quan)
        Punching arm and kicking leg switch with each repetition
      • straight crunches
      • side crunches
        (half of the reps on one side, other half on the other side, one extra rep on the un-even counts)
      • Ma bu / Gong bu punches. One arm punches on the gong bu, the other on the ma bu
        (half of the reps facing left, other half facing right)
    • 1.5km run (again, as fast as possible and without break after shaoletics)
    • 1 minute breathing break (and I needed it!)
    • Da mo jian practice, but without a sword... just trying to get the moves in my system
    • Stretching (Shi Yan Ming method with some additional 'Yoga' alike hip opening exercises)
    • Walk back to work with a nice break to visit my friend the bunny.
  • Evening 
    • Stretching (before class)
    • Breathing exercises
    • Tai Chi 'Clemens' style (Yang simplified 24, A secret Pack Mei Pai form, A chen style form. And a yang style jian form, al very much shaped with Clemens personal touch)
Hope to see you tomorrow! 

Amituofo!