donderdag 28 mei 2015

28th of May: injuries are no fun....

Todays stats: 
  • Weight: Do not dare to stand on a scale at the moment
  • Heart-rate: not measured
  • Training location: :( 
Amituofo! 

Today boredom is really kicking in. Not too strange since I went from training every day at least once to practically no training. I am really getting crazy of sitting and lying all day. Since I still have quite a bit of software writing to do I can work from home. But in the evening I really am getting bored, this evening I just continued work just to keep myself busy..... Yesterday my knee felt quite ok after sitting all day, so  I tried some stretching but I cannot do too much without also stretching or loading muscles in/around my knee. Today it felt a bit worse again, so I guess that wasn't a wise choice. I noticed that if I just lay down, leg a little up... and then do a couple of  knee bends and leg lifts each hour that my knee is responding well on that. One good thing is that due to the boredom  I also am studying Wing Chun concepts which also is growing my interest in Wing Chun again. 
Some more sad news... I stopped training Tai Chi at Sifu Clemens Kwee Wie Yang. I enjoyed my time training under him, and I can recommend him to anyone that is looking to get into Tai Chi. For me it was just not what I was looking for. I do want to know more about tai chi, because I am fascinated about the concept of connecting movement with breathing, but for the moment I will regard it as second priority and I will study it from books, internet, and my Shaolin sifu Carl who also has some Tai Chi skills, but considers himself not completely ready to teach others.
He was thinking about teaching his Kung Fu students, because he has a good feeling on our movements and breathing methods,  so I hope he will teach us some more...

My last training was 2 days ago (see last post).
Tomorrow I think I will go to Shaolin training, but then just do some basic stretches and qi gong. Then at least I can do some internal martial arts training (although I shouldn't be standing too long).
Tomorrow I also will visit my physio therapist who also solved my back problems and gave me some great tips to get my hamstrings longer. I hope he can give me some exercises to do and I hope he can give me a second opinion on my knee issue so I know where I stand.

So more news tomorrow.

Amituofo!