donderdag 10 september 2015

10th of September : Lovely weather to visit the park

Amituofo!

Finally found some time to go to the park today. Had only 45 minutes but still, better then nothing.
Did a Shi Yan Ming warming up, stretching, new physical therapy exercises that I learned last Tuesday, a couple sets of push ups, and Qi Gong to round it up...


Its amazing how energized I immediately felt. I started loving Qi Gong more and more, and slowly but gradually I start to get the hang of why this is so important in Kung Fu. As Shifu Yan Lei says: it massages the internal organs and improves blood flow to the deepest parts of the body.
When you manage to align the breathing and the movement, and you do the breathing right I really feel the difference. I now also understand the concept and purpose of reversed breathing, you can really feel that by doing that you change pressures on points inside your body in a way that you do not feel otherwise. E.g. when you do the exercises with normal breathing or when you do not get the flow of the movement and the breathing aligned.

I can't do it correctly with all exercises yet, but on the once I do I can feel the difference. I guess that is what our eastern friends really mean by Qi (in words without all the mystical Chinese medicinal terms).

Amituofo!