woensdag 9 september 2015

8th of September

Amituofo!

Yesterday we did our regular Tuesday training.
Now that it is official I can share the bad news from last post.
Sifu Carl unfortunately has decided that this will be his last year teaching us on a regular basis. He has good reasons to stop and ofcourse we all understand and support his decision, although we all find it a pitty.

I hope to learn a lot from Carl in the coming year, and I decided that I also want to learn the form that he developed himself. Before I did not want to do that, cause it is a mixed style form, and I like to stick to shaolin, but since Carl has taught me more then any other teacher I had before I decided to want to support to continue his legacy if I can.

Never the less we will keep training hard, may be even harder, since we all want to give Carl something to be proud of in a couple of years time :)

Btw... my knee is doing pretty ok, still some fluid build up, but my physical therapist explained me why that is and that I can expect that for the coming half year (each time I train a bit to hard...). I also overloaded my other knee at the moment, but I am used to that, that has been like this for the past 5 years (old injury which is a bit sensitive for overloads).

I have some new exercises for my for balance and strength improvement.
So still some busy weeks up ahead.

Amituofo!