zaterdag 19 september 2015

19th of September : Punch ball practice is fun!

Amituofo!

One thing I miss a bit in Shaolin Kung Fu training is application practice.
So today I practiced some applications on the punch ball. Normally I stick to a more practical style of Kung Fu, Wing Chun, for punch ball practice. But today I combined it with some Shaolin application practice.

I always like to have an idea of the application of a form. Of course there are many applications since I think Tao Lu are nothing more than practice sets of a certain style, but I like to have some idea of what I am actually doing and where to put the accents in the moves and which muscles should then be tense or relaxed. This is far easier to practice with a partner, but without a partner you can always fall back on a punch bag, ball or even some padding on a tree or something like that.

So today I did 45minutes of punch ball practice :), with some Tong Bi Quan details we discussed in yesterdays class...

 
Always fun to do!

More Chi, train harder!

Amituofo!