maandag 26 oktober 2015

Little more running today

Amituofo!

Today was the start of week 2 of running build-up. So instead of 3x5min running with 60 sec breaks, I did 3x7 minutes with 60 second breaks. No pains... so this week I'll repeat this twice more, and than I'll go up again next week to 3x9 minutes. The rest of the time of my lunch I spend doing stretching experiments... I am trying to find easy to do isometric stretches to replace all stretches I normally do in Kung Fu.
Why? Because I feel the isometric stretches have a far better effect then the stretches that I used to do. The trick is quite easy, I'll make some video's later on it, but it is basically: Instead of bouncing in the stretch, like we tend to do in our kung fu training, you go to your maximum stretch, stay there for a little while and relax till you feel that you are not stretching further, and then instead of bouncing in deeper, try to push yourself out of the stretch with the actual muscles you are stretching at that moment. On the last stretch you go to your stretch limit again and relax there for a while, then you repeat this. Do the pushing part 20 times, and do 3 sets in total. You can pretty much do this in any stretch that you do for which you use bodyweight.

Also found a very cool Wing Chun demo video online. It's still a demo but it nicely shows the applications of Wing Chun.


Some more info on stretching can be found here:
http://people.bath.ac.uk/masrjb/Stretch/stretching_1.html

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Leave a reaction! (be polite please)