donderdag 11 juni 2015

11th of June : From excitement to disappointment

Today's stats:
  • Weight: 78.6kg
  • Training location : Goffert park & Fitness Body and Mind
  • Duration: 1h00m & 1h00m
  • Intensity: High & Low

Amituofo!
Got good and bad news...
I thought, lets turn my injury in a opportunity, so I decided that after my knee is fixed, I will go to live as a Shaolin monk for a month this summer :)
I send Shaolin Temple Ottenberg (Germany) a mail if I could live and train there for a month. And today I got confirmation that I can!
So I posted the joyful news on FB and 10 minutes later I received a message from a Shaolin kung fu friend, that the Ottenberg temple might not be connected to the Shaolin temple as they claim on their website. So that was very disappointing! This is indeed confirmed on the website of the (official) Berlin temple, but it is an old message (2008). So I now send the official temple in Berlin a message to check on the status of the Ottenberg temple. If the temple is not connected I don't think I will go there... not because that its not connected, that doesn't mean it is not a good experience, but because I do think lying and mis-using the Shaolin name pure for commercial benefit is not in line with the Buddhist believe, which they also claim to follow/teach.

Anyway... back to training....
Today I tried a high intensity workout at the Goffert park. I tried if push ups are possible (since that requires some force from my knee) and that went fine. So today I could do a good upper body workout.

So after a nice walk to the park, which now takes a little more time since I normally would run, I did the following divided over 3 rounds:
  • Push ups 45x (Elbows close, good for punch speed)
  • Sit ups straight 90x (With 2 punches on each lift)
  • Push ups 45x (Arms wide, good for shoulder strength)
  • Sit ups sideways left 90x
  • Sit ups sideways right 90x
  • Push ups 30x (Diamond style, good for triceps)
  • Superman's 75x (Good for the back, also have to train that to outbalance the abdominals
As mentioned, the above divided over 3 sets. I did each set in one go without pause. After each set a one minute stretching pause. After this workout, which was quite intense I finished with a 25 minute Shi Yan Ming style stretching session.
Then I walked back. It was nice to see my friends the bunnies again :)

In the evening it was time for Tai Ji practice at Clemens Kwee's school.
Some stances in Tai Chi are still quite hard with my knee problem, but also that is going better and better.

Tomorrow it is Qi Gong and Wu Shu time again!

For now I wish you all a very good evening.

Amituofo!

Some old motivational movie (in slomo) :)