dinsdag 2 juni 2015

1st of June : Working up some sweat

Today's stats:

  • Weight: 78.3kg
  • Training location: @Home
  • Duration: 1h30m
  • Intensity: Moderate/High

Amituofo!
My knee is slowly but gradually feeling a little better. The pain I felt in the ligaments is nearly gone, now there is only pain left in on the place where the meniscus connects to the bone.
I first spend a couple of minutes doing Qi Gong. Then I did the Shaolin Kung Fu warming up. But without serious knee bends. I did do a care full Ma Bu and Gong Bu again. But now (afterwards) I do not think that was to smart, since the ligaments feel a bit sore again now.

Starting this week I will again start doing a little more practice. I can very gently move and very gently bend the knee... but still not load it. But the slight bend and move is enough to also do some TaoLu practice, well... that is just to remember the sequence of moves, proper execution is of course not possible.
Today I spend the evening doing a nice mixed workout. And I finally worked up some sweat again! After the warm up I did a nice intense fitness workout. This was the routine:

Shi Yan Ming warm up (adapted for my knee)

Punch practice (with 1 kg weight around wrists):

  • 50 Palm punches
  • 50 Straight punches
  • 50 double gong bu punches (Xiao Hong quan style)
  • 50 double ma bu punches (Xiao Hong quan style)

Fitness -:3 rounds of the following:

  • Fast 20kg bench press 'elbows close' : This imitates a fast push up with arms close to the body and is good for punch force and speed (trains chest and triceps, focus on chest). 25 reps
  • Crunches 'straight' : Just a regular crunch but with hands below the lower back so the back does not get strained when moving up. 30 reps
  • Fast 20kg bench press 'elbows wide' : This imitates a fast push up with elbows wide and is good for blocks and acrobatics (trains chest and back). 25 reps
  • Crunches 'side' : Chrunches while lying on the side. 30 reps  per side
  • Fast 20kg bench press 'diamond' : This imitates a fast push up diamond style and is good for punch force and speed (trains chest and triceps, focus on triceps). 25 reps
  • Supermans : pull up legs and chest while lying on stomach. 25 reps 

Afterwards I spend another 15 minutes on shoulder, neck, hamstring and buttocks stretches. Finally this was a work out that made me tired and happy.

Tomorrow I'll do some very relaxed and gentle taolu practice and some jian basics.
For now I wish you all good evening!
Amituofo!