dinsdag 16 juni 2015

16th of June : Good news and bad news

Today's stats:
  • Weight: not measured
  • Training location : Gym Uranusstraat
  • Duration: 1h30m
  • Intensity: Moderate

Amituofo!
Last couple of days where exiting. Had to go back to the hospital for the results of the MRI scan. Good news and bad news: All the ligaments are in place and appear OK on the scan. The medial meniscus however looks pretty damaged on the scan. I have to have knee surgery to determine the exact amount of damage and to remove or repair broken parts.
Pretty scary that they are going to put probes and camera's and pliers and such in my knee and remove parts of me...

Last couple of days my knee started to swell as well. I think I am walking to much. 2nd part of the day I worked from home with my leg up, and that seemed to work. Swelling was a bit less after a couple of hours... still went for 1.5h of kung fu training though... Was a nice training! We did a quick warm up, Ji Ben Gong, Wu Bu Quan, Lian Huan Quan in groups, and some free Tao Lu training. Then we spend some time on sparring, haven't done that in months! (Traditional techniques, not modern sparring). So I finally got a chance to try some Wing Chun techniques in practice. Man that is hard. I really enjoyed sparring especially with Sam, who has done many years of Pack Mei Pai Kung Fu. I do have to say that Pack Mei has some really good penetrating punches that are really hard to block/counter. This really got me in the mood to practice more Wing Chun again :)

Coming week I will take it a bit easier with my knee, so that means I'll try to walk less... I don't want to break more before the surgery. I think I will do some upper body fitness work out and some stretches tomorrow, Tai Ji on Thursday (last lesson is approaching), Kung Fu training on Friday (last official one for this season for me)... But that you can read later this week.

Here some of the material I use for inspiration!


Have a good day,

Amituofo!