vrijdag 5 juni 2015

5th of June : Yes! Tao Lu practice again

Today's stats:

  • Weight: 78.1kg
  • Training location:Malden Gym
  • Duration: 1h30m
  • Intensity: High

Amituofo!
Getting a bit nervous for the appointment at the hospital coming Monday. So what better distraction then Shaolin Wu Shu training.
Today my knee is feeling pretty good (for a damaged knee :P). And since I could do some what of Tai Chi yesterday, I thought... well lets try Tao Lu (forms) this evening. So after our regular Shi Yan Ming style warm up I put on the weights on my arms and started practicing Tao Lu with focus on the upper body.
I went for maximum intensity for as far as that is possible with only upper body freedom of movement. Never the less I worked up quite a sweat and I am pretty tired now... My arms feel quite 'heavy' at the moment, so thats a good sign.

I practiced: Gun basics, Wu Bu Quan, Wu Xing Quan, Lian Huan Quan, Lian Bu Quan, Ba Bu Lian Huan Quan, Xiao Hong Quan.
I also practiced Yin Shou Gun and Zhen Shan Gun (stick) and Da Mo Jian (straight-sword) with weights on the arms, which really gives a new dimension to the movements. So I hope I didn't push my knee to much, cause it did hurt sometimes, but no pain no gain...



So this proves it again, injury is not an excuse not to train. You can always adapt training in some way or another. It doesn't have to look good (see prove above)... it has to feel good!


For now I wish you all a very good evening!

Amituofo!