dinsdag 23 juni 2015

23th of June : Knee surgery

Today's stats:
  • Weight: 80.6kg
  • Training location : euhhh... Hospital Gelderse Vallei Ede
  • Duration: 0h20m + 3 hours cooling down ;P
  • Intensity: Bone crushing ;)

Amituofo!

First some errata of all my previous post:
I was under the assumption that patella was English for meniscus.
I just found out that this is not true, the knee cap is the patella...
I never had problems (or thought I had) on the patella, it was always the meniscus I suspected. Just so you know.

Today was surgery day... I have to admit that I was super nervous for the past couple of days, and I did not get to much sleep.

Today was an adventure on it's own... although it was very exiting, lying on a bed, being transported to the operating room, getting a needle and sedative stabbed in your spinal cord, and watching a video screen where you see a doctor cutting and removing parts in your knee....  although all that, I have to say that it was all over before I could blink an eye. The surgery went OK. My knee is relatively ok, no damage to the ligaments, no damage to the condyles. Just the meniscus that is busted up a bit. They had to cut a way some parts but that was the best scenario, so I am lucky.

Now I will just have to endure a couple of days of pain, and then recovery can start. (Yeah! back to moving my lazy body again!)

So I hope to be able to join our last Kung Fu training on Friday! Even if I can just do some stretching and qi gong, that would be great!

Amituofo and a good evening!