vrijdag 12 juni 2015

12th of June : Getting back in the zone.... and getting a swollen knee :(

Today's stats:
  • Weight: 79.5kg (what!!! and that before the weekend)
  • Training location : Goffert park & Malden Gym
  • Duration: 1h00m & 1h30m
  • Intensity: Moderate & Moderate

Amituofo!
Today was a fun day. Weather was beautiful and I felt like working up a sweat during the lunch break. So instead of Qi Gong I decided to do Tao Lu practice, internal style (Which means focus on breathing and power/speed explosions on certain points). I started out with some stretches and did all hand forms I know twice. After that I did some Qi Gong anyway to relax.

In the evening we were with only a couple of people on our Friday training. So we did a short Shi Yan Ming warm up and some Ji Ben Gong, and then we continued with free practice. Since my knee got a bit swollen today I took it easy and practiced balance today, still quite intense cause you are using a lot more muscle when you do things slow and intense and focus on balance.

Here's an example of Lian Huan Quan balance practice :
(and please don't mind my residue of my fat days shining through my white t-shirt :P)

As you see I am not limping anymore :), but that doesn't mean my knee is ok :(

Tomorrow it's Tai Ji again, and if the weather is nice, I might go for some Wu shu practice in the afternoon, but lets first see if my knee is not acting up tonight...

Have a good evening,

Amituofo!